J. S. White: Our First Architect documents White’s surviving structures from 19th-century Snohomish with essays by local historian Warner Blake and color portraits by Seattle photographer Otto Greule.
White left nothing behind except his buildings, so Blake combed through newspapers of the time to discover White’s story and identify his structures. Generously illustrated with over 60 historic photographs, this book is also the story of the city’s rise and fall as the birthplace of Snohomish County.
Our fine art book was produced by Lucia|Marquand and published by the People of Snohomish and Friends in 2017. Follow this link to view the back cover!
Purchase by check payable to Snohomish Stories,
230 Avenue B, Snohomish, WA 98290.
And our fine art book is available at:
Snohomish’s Uppercase Bookshop, 360.217.8521;
Lake Forest Park | Third Place Books, 206.366.3333
. . . .
Here are the specs:
• Extent: 112 pages + endsheets + hardcover + head-and-tail-bands + dust jacket
• Trim size: 8″ wide by 10.5″ high, portrait format
• Text: prints 4/4 color + varnish on 157 gsm matte art paper
• Endsheets: print 4/4 color uncoated paper
• Hardcover: cloth wrapped over 3mm board, foil stamping on front and spine
• Dust jacket: prints 5/0 color + lamination 0n 157gsm glossy art paper
• Images: 68 digital
• All copies individually shrink-wrapped.